Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My mini farm

A panoramic view of my vegetable farm 

Our home came with the small fence as a dog area.  Kinda nice to keep Sammy away from the plants he just has to smell everything.  

composting the right materials will break down very nicely will amend soil for next year.  
In a short paragraph use water to wet but not completely soak.  Fresh air, dried up grass with no weed killer, leaves brown or green, kitchen scraps that are vegetable only except crushed egg shells.  Skip avocado skin never breaks down either.  
I also added saw dust with no chemicals, and horse manure cause I had the opportunity.   

This summer I got the chance to add several buckets of composted material from similar pile aged a year at least.  From a friend people who share of course I share what ever grows and taste good.  Same from a friend with two horses.   I met her by posting on Facebook on westernslope site need aged manure.  She said sure come on over.  You know it will be a pleasure to share with friends who just have an open heart.  

Just a little over a month ago




No comments:

Post a Comment