Saturday, July 5, 2014

Parsley cubes

Have to much parsley or too much cilantro?   I am set for soups in the winter.  Or even to add to salsas.  Try freezing cubes.  

Wash the parsley remove the stems and chop my hand or use a blender,
I used a small hand blender
Add olive oil enough to make of thick paste in consistency and spoon into ice cube trays. 





I placed in the freezer for two days but 12 hours is good enough
To remove the cubes from the tray I placed the ice cube tray in another shallow container and added hot water for 5 seconds without wetting the parsley
This loosened the cubes so they would come out easily


I've placed the kids in a Ziploc bag removing all excess air by sucking it out.  Close zip the bag and label with content and date. 


place back in the freezer avoid piling them up.  And that is it Papi Q in winter soups.  I also like to add to rice with Parmesan cheese.   Google recipes using parsley.   I'm doing the same thing for cilantro.   

No comments:

Post a Comment